Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:14:29 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: low-cost/low-speed HDLC WAN card

At 01:09 PM 09/21/2000 +0200, Len Conrad wrote:
>I'm back again looking for a low-cost, 128 kbits/sec WAN card, even
>ISA, single-port with HDLC V.35/X.21/V.11/EIA530.  I need this to
>drive leased-line links in France.
>
>etinc.com's got a 10-year-old model 5025 ISA card but it's $475 and 2
>megabits. We use two now in our ISP and it works fine, but to use
>FreeBSD in a big nationwide VPN/IPsec project, we need to keep the price
down.

>We can buy a Zyxel 153X WAN router for about that price, but it
>doesn't do VPN nor more than one ethernet i/f nor does it's
>non-loggable, limited packet filtering come anywhere near ipfilter.

Every hear of a quantity discount len? Kind of silly looking at list price
if you need a lot of cards.

We give you a $395. discount on bandwidth management when you buy a card,
so the $475. list is flexible if the quanity is there.

I can give you 10Mb/s PCI cards including bandwidth management for less
than you'd think, and you cant get that from anywhere else.

Dennis

The price goes down if you guy more than one silly....I have a bunch of
16-bit boards I can give you a good deal on....