Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 1995 20:50:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -=WireHead=- <31butkiewicz@wmich.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP

Oh wise ones, I have come to this pinacle to ask but one question...

I have been playing around with PPP and had it working fine, until i
tinckered some more. Never fix soething that isn't broken. Learned that
quick. Anyhow, I now can not use my PPP connection for telnet, ftp, lynx,
even ping.....

My ISP provides dynamic IP
I have resolv.conf with about 5 nameservers listed.
	^^ had two then added more to see if that would help. Nope.
Connects and logs in O.K.

I am recieveing a host name lookup failure error.

If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated....
If someone could tell explain to me what process PPP takes and how
Telnet, FTP etc can tell if they found a host or not, maybe I could
figure it out for myself.
If you would like to see a copy of my setup files, email me and i'll
provide them for you.

specs
14.4k modem.
FreeBSD 2.0.5R
iijppp based PPP.

ThanX!
Your help is greatly appreciated.

*NOTiCE* Coming Soon to an ethernet card near you           iNTELLiGENSIA.ORG
	    -->  finger wireheah@arbornet.org for details <--
Timothy M. Butkiewicz               *-----^\/\/|Phone:           616.349.8044
University Computing Services  *----------^\/\/|Fax:             616.373.6680
Western Michigan University     *---------^\/\/|eMail: 31butkiewicz@wmich.edu