Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:29:02 +0100
From:      F.Xavier Noria <fxn@retemail.es>
To:        Lute Mullenix <lute@cableone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Command not found

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:43:46 -0600 (CST)
Lute Mullenix <lute@cableone.net> wrote:

: Just wondering why I get a command not found error when I try to start
: apps that are listed when I run pkg_info.
:
: I'm pretty new at this game.

Sometimes the actual executables and theis ports have differents names.
For instance, KDE is not launched with kde but with startkde, ncftp
builds no ncftp, but ncftpget and friends.  When I want to execute a
program corresponding to a just installed port and don't find the right
invocation, I have a look below <port>/work to see which executables are
there.

I don't know whether this is the case in the problems you reported, but
may give a hint.

-- fxn