Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:07:28 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>, Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Securing a system that's been rooted remotely

Brett Glass wrote:

> By the way, why is it that "apropos securelevel" turns up nothing?
> Considering that it's documented in a non-intuitive place (the
> man page for init(8)), it ouught to be searchable.

Because the NAME entry for init(8) doesn't mention "securelevel."  I don't
see how you could write a meaningful entry and work securelevel into it.
Perhaps adding securelevel as an alternate name would help.

What we really need is a good index to the man pages.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com