Date:         Mon, 04 Nov 96 16:30 PST
From:      Denis DeLaRoca (310) 825-4580        <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM>
Cc:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: guspnp5 and Vat 4.0b1a

I tested guspnp5 (with CODEC_CFIG2I_DEFAULT set to 0x81) with vat-4.0b1a
again this afternoon with the multicast of the Stanford Channel. Within
a period of 15 minutes I got /dev/audio looping.

You asked about my motherboard's ISA bus speed, it is an Intel 430VX
chipset and it is jumpered for the an ISA bus speed of 8.25MHz. Though,
the (Award) BIOS chipset features shows the ISA bus clock as being
PCI-Clock / 4 (or 66Mhz / 4).

At the time of the sound-looping problems I had no other applications
other than Vic and SDR running. What diagnostic information do you
suggest gathering when this happens?

-- Denis