Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 22:18:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@cioe.com>
To:        ayan@kiwi.datasys.net, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, steve@cioe.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UID Limits

Dunno. The IPC code uses ushrt as the type for uid... couldn't
find anything else that does. Is this vestigial?

I'm CC-ing this to 'freebsd-hackers' since I think we're outside
the pervue of 'freebsd-isp' at this point...

The question is "What is the maximum UID?". Its either a 2 or 4
byte unsigned integer. The filesystem seems to accept 4, pwd_mkdb
complains about larger than 2 but lets you do it...

						-Steve