Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 08:57:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        David Sharp <djs@secure.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   High Availability (Re: MAC takeover )

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, David Sharp wrote:

> The i82559 (fxp) hardware supports it.  I imagine most previous
> versions of the chipset are also capable.  For the software,
> add an ioctl to fxp_ether_ioctl that changes the
> fxp_init(sc).  Add your new ioctl to ifconfig and you should be done.

Thanks a lot! That's indeed a good news - as it happens I have quite a few
fxp on the shelves here...

Another issue: I was recently involved in a project which required HA
solutions (that's why I asked]. I gathered a lot of ideas and materials
(and perhaps some code if that company agrees to release it). Is ther
someone else here who is interested in these issues, and using FreeBSD for
that? We could start some info pages, howto's, and perhaps a mailing
list...

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------