Date:      Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:05:58 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        Marcus Alves Grando <mnag@FreeBSD.org>, Carlos Fernando Assis Paniago <pan@cnptia.embrapa.br>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, vivek@khera.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix and faststart

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Marcus Alves Grando wrote:
>> Doug,
>>
>> I will add your rcNG script in mail/postfix*

Excellent!

> I think the port should also depend on a database server, if it has been
> compiled with one or any other of the supported configuration options.
> I'm not sure if this can be dynamically generated based on ports
> configuration though.

If you look at misc/compat5x you can see how I made some elements of the
script conditional. It also helps to read the information about SUB-FILES in
bsd.port.mk. It's actually quite a flexible system. I'll be glad to help
with any questions, or send mail to freebsd-rc@.

> P.S. I actually have a busy mail server on 5.4 where postfix starts
> first and all lookups are done via mysql, so i get a bunch of errors in
> the logs before mysql starts.

Well this sounds like a timely change then. :)

Doug