Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:14:33 -0700
From:      "Jeff Van Cleave" <jeffvc@intermind.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Bob Van Valzah" <bob@whitebarn.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD Kernel question

Hello,

I am trying to install FreeBSD version 3.2
on a Dell system that has a PCI 3COM 3C905C
ethernet card installed.

The problem is that the kernel does not see
this card (I got the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp
files from:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.2-RELEASE/floppies/

My question is, how can you customize the kernel
on installation to handle hardware - specifically
because while you can modify the IRQ and Port,
you cannot (from what I can tell) modify the
device (in this case it needs to be x10).

What happens is when I go to install the system
does not see the network card and I cannot load
the software from ftp.freebsd.org

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

  Jeff Van Cleave          Intermind
         jeffvc@intermind.com
   (206)956-9911      (Direct)
   (206)812-6000 x911 (Company)
   (206)812-6001      (fax)
Practice random acts of intelligence and
senseless acts of self-control.