Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:45:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Robert Blayzor <rblayzor@inoc.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem in tftpd

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Robert Blayzor wrote:

> I'm running into a problem with tftpd.  The problem is that when I
> specify a user to run tftp, say user "ftp", tftpd can't read any files
> in the root unless they are world readable.

Is this a problem?  From tftpd(8),

  "The use of tftp(1) does not require an account or password on the
  remote system.  Due to the lack of authentication information, tftpd
  will allow only publicly readable files to be accessed."

Later,
-Mike

 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin