Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:07:01 +0100
From:      Robert Blacquiere <freebsd@guldan.demon.nl>
To:        plasma <plasma@ms9.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [speedstep] Testers wanted

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 04:48:14PM +0800, plasma wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I upgraded my ThinkPad X23 from 4.10 to 5.3 last week, and
> everything works just fine.
>
> I know there is an est package for Pentium-M, but it doesn't work with
> P3-M.  Clive said there is an ichist kernel module, and the module
> works on my X23.  But there is not such thing like estctrl, so I spend
> some time to modify it into ichistctl.
>
> The source tarball is avaiable at
> http://svn.ntcu.net/~plasma/ichctrl.tar.gz:
>
>   wget -O - http://svn.ntcu.net/~plasma/ichctrl.tar.gz | \
>     tar xzvf -
>   cd ichctrl
>   make

Nice work...

It seems to work quite good. It's decreasing the cpu clock when system is
more or less idle.  But i have some problems with the battery <-> AC switching.

It seems it sees the ac connect state as ac-offline...

sysctl hw.acpi.acline
hw.acpi.acline: 1

And  ichctrl ...
Now operating on battery power; changing frequency to low speed

And it does not switch back to ac power.

> Make sure you have loaded ichist.ko.  Then you could run './ichctrl
> -v' to see how it works.  Ichctrl should work wheter you have acpi or
> apm enabled.
>

> plasma

Robert

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!