Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 11:59:00 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        vinny omoyi <vincent@webspan.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Sat, Jan 03, 1998 at 05:09:02PM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, vinny omoyi wrote:
>
>>     I have a site at http://www.webspan.net/~vincent/ and I was
>> wondering how I can use Free BSD and in what ways that would help me on
>> my site. For the 2nd time I have read your page to try and see how I can
>> use it but for some reason am not clicking it. Please help. I checked
>> out most of the examples of pages that are of satisfied Free BSD users.
>
> FreeBSD is an operating system.  It's what you would run on your web
> server instead of whatever www.webspan.net is running now.  I doubt they'd
> let you do that.

I don't think they'd have a problem :-)

$ nslookup
Default Server:  localhost.lemis.com
Address:  127.0.0.1

> set type=hinfo
> www.webspan.net
Server:  localhost.lemis.com
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
www.webspan.net canonical name = orion.webspan.net
orion.webspan.net       CPU = P5-166    OS = FreeBSD-2.1.7-RELEASE

> However, if you want to set up your own server on your PC, then
> FreeBSD is what you want.

And your friends at webspan will be able to understand what you're
talking about :-)

Under the circumstances, it looks like Doug and I have misunderstood
your question.  If so, could you restate it, please?

Greg