Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 2000 12:34:21 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.10.0

In message <Pine.GSO.4.10.10004022119110.29055-100000@giger>, Tobias
Roth write
s:
> Hello
>
> I understand that there is some integration of sendmail with the rest of
> the system. Because of this, how would I upgrade to sendmail 8.10.0 ?
> I just built 4.0 STABLE but I still have sendmail 8.9.3

I believe that Sendmail 8.10.0 is slightly broken.  In tests, unless I
did something wrong, SuperSafe does not create queue files in mqueue,
instead queueing in memory.  So, in the case of a system crash mail
would be lost.  To see for yourself, install 8.10.0 and run a long
running cron job (must be cron not at/batch) and notice that no queue
files are created until enough output has been created.  8.9.3 creates
queue files regardless of the amount of output spooled.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC