Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 12:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18707: unbreak security/oidentd

The following reply was made to PR ports/18707; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 15:17:27 -0400

 On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 07:56:02AM -0400, Trevor Johnson wrote:
 > compiled, installed and ran on 3.4-RC i386; compiled and installed on
 > 4.0-STABLE i386

 Good god man, it's been so long since 3.4-RC!  :-P

 Needless to say, I'll try to take care of this for you.. :)

 > I'm the maintainer of the oidentd port, which is marked broken for
 > OSVERSION < 400010.  I've made a tiny patch which lets it work with both
 > old and new versions of FreeBSD.  I've added a note to DESCR about the
 > built-in ident in inetd, and made trivial edits to the rest of the DESCR
 > file so it stays under 25 lines.  I've also edited the CATEGORIES line to
 > follow the guideline in section 4.4.20.2 of the Handbook that "you do not
 > need to list net when the port belongs to either of irc, mail, mbone,
 > news, security, or www" (I suppose it should say "any of").

 Yeah, I've been meaning to clean up this inconsistency in the ports
 tree.. thanks for doing it on your port!

 > I received no errors from "portlint -ac", no compilation errors on FreeBSD
 > 3.4-RC or 4.0-STABLE.  On 3.4-RC, oidentd returned a correct response when
 > I ran it.

 You can't use -ac yet because mharo hasn't implemented Getopt in the
 script.  You have to use -a -c.  :-P

 Thanks for your update.

 --
 Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>