Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:35:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        JJB <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Recommendation for proxy server that does Nat function

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, JJB wrote:

> I just read an post that said some proxy server do Nat function.
> Searched the ports collection and did not see an proxy servers that
> said they did nat function. Does anyone on this list know of an
> proxy or squid server that also does NAT function?
I am no big network expert - beat me if I got anything wrong -
but a proxy or cache proxy doesn't need a built-in nat .
If your proxy dials in directly via ppp, you can use
ppp's -nat option or you set up natd options in rc.conf .

Regards,

Uli.

	|    Peter Ulrich Kruppa    |
        |         Wuppertal         |