Date:      23 Jul 2002 11:26:34 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Jesse Gross <jesse_gross@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USE_GCC=3.1 & CPUTYPE

On a related note, it would be helpful if CPUTYPE would also respond to
situations such as the use of GNAT (the Ada compiler) which is currently
limited to a gcc 2.8.1 set of -march flags.  Having to manually "demote"
CPUTYPE to build some Ada ports is a pain.

         _
  | |V| / '                       ||  MacroHard --                   \
\_| | | \_,                       ||     the perfection of form over |