Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:00:35 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@laserfence.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Soft update instability with heavy IO and offboard IDE controller

Apologies all around. This should hopefully be my last post. In my
ignorance I didn't realise that certain sysctls can't change at runtime...

Simply for the reference of people searching the archives in future, to
solve the problem, turn off write caching at boot time in
/boot/loader.conf by adding the line hw.ata.wc=0

Apologies once again.
Will