Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:53:55 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gordon Henderson <gordon@drogon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with 960501-SNAP ?

I'm running this on 2 machines and see crashes about once or twice a day.
Never seen any crashes when they were running with the FreeBSD
2.1-RELEASE... Although some of the hardware on the machines has changed
during their upgrade (disks), I am wondering if anyone else has seen
problems with 960501-SNAP?

I've no idea what the problem is as one machine simply reboots leaving
nothing in it's messages file (486dx4/100, 48MB, 3c509, Adaptec 2490 PCI
SCSI, 2 drives) the other just stops requiring a reset or power cycle to
get it going again (P120, 64MB, 3c509, Adaptec 2490 PCI SCSI & 4 drives)

Both machines are (trying) to run as news servers ...

I only upgraded to the SNAP release because of it's ability to run with
the 3c590 cards but that was a waste of time as the 590 driver is useless
)-:

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Gordon