Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:42:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        agent dero <dero@bluhayz.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 and me....

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, agent dero wrote:

> I am starting a hosting company in southern texas using a couple of dual
> Pentium servers I got from a friend, and I using FreeBSD to run the
> whole sha- bang. I am also planning on using IPv6, mainly because of
> it's advantages, and I think the internet should start moving over to
> IPv6.
>
> The big questions are, does anyone know of any ISPs that support it?
> And/Or any router/switch manufacturers that have compatibility with it.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I am still heavily dependant on IPv4, but I would
> like to start having IPv6 compatibility.

This isn't the answer you're looking for, but... I was very interested to
see a CNET article that DoD has announced a concrete interest in deploying
IPv6 over the next five years.  If that is indeed the case, you're going
to see a lot more support for IPv6 from vendors, etc.  On the other hand,
I can't tell you which ISPs in the US would provide IPv6 support... :-)

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories