Date:      Tue, 26 May 2009 15:48:37 +0200
From:      nocturnal <swehack@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   MacBook, acpiconf sleep state shuts machine down

I'm trying to get my MacBook with FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE to at least suspend t=
RAM, even though hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state lists S3, S4 and S5.

Though it doesn't matter which one i use, it will not wake back up from the
sleep state.

So far i've created a devd notify which runs a script that in turn runs
acpiconf when the Lid is closed and sets state S3. When the script receives
0x01 it sets S1.

I've tried with S3, S4 and S5 at 0x00 and it never wakes up, should i use
something other than S1 for 0x01?

It goes into some sort of sleep state, the apple light goes off and i hear =
noise similar from my other macbooks with Darwin that indicates the HDD has
turned off(I BELIEVE), it's basically the macbook-is-sleeping-sound again.
;D

But when i then open the lid, it either shuts down and i have to turn it
back on, or it gets stuck in sleep state and i have to do a cold shutdown
and reboot it to get back into the system.

How can i have acpi recognize the Lid is opened and do what it's being told
even in sleep state? Is ACPI being disabled in sleep state?

I've also set hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot=3D"1" in loader.conf to hopefully m=
ake
it stop this behaviour but it did not help.

Also something i find weird or confusing is that sysctl has a value
hw.acpi.power_button_state that is set to S5 and one
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state set to S3. Also a hw.acpi.lid_switch_state set t=
NONE.

hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0

I would appreciate any other hints & tips from people who have experience
with CPU states and ACPI on macbooks.

--=20

Med v=E4nliga h=E4lsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal