Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:19:05 -0700
From:      Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
To:        "tony" <tony@saign.com>, "freebsd-isp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IP addresses changing...

1.  Drop your DNS ttl's to about an hour.  Go do this right now so it has
time to refresh on the net.
2.  When you switch, change the DNS and wait.
3.  If you need to switch the IP's of your nameservers as well, I hope you
have one on another network or you may be looking at some downtime while
the root servers all ponder it.
4.  Go kick someone at your ISP in the jimmy for giving you 5 days to plan
it out.