Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2007 00:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCHED_ULE on desktop system

--0-2052532215-1189928043=:4507

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:

>  Jeff Roberson wrote:
>
>> This is contrary to the experiences of many others.  Can you send me your
>> dmesg?  There may be something about your particular hardware that is
>> triggering a bug.  ULE is definitely designed to be responsive on the
>> desktop.
>
> Thanks for the quick answer!
>
> Here's my dmesg: http://people.freebsd.org/~novel/misc/dmesg.txt

Roman,

The enclosed patch helps things on my system, however, there are still
some delays due to IO issues.  Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Jeff

> Roman Bogorodskiy

--0-2052532215-1189928043=:4507

SW5kZXg6IHNjaGVkX3VsZS5jDQo9PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09
PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09DQpS
Q1MgZmlsZTogL2hvbWUvbmN2cy9zcmMvc3lzL2tlcm4vc2NoZWRfdWxlLmMs
dg0KcmV0cmlldmluZyByZXZpc2lvbiAxLjIwNQ0KZGlmZiAtdSAtcjEuMjA1
IHNjaGVkX3VsZS5jDQotLS0gc2NoZWRfdWxlLmMJMjAgQXVnIDIwMDcgMDY6
MzQ6MjAgLTAwMDAJMS4yMDUNCisrKyBzY2hlZF91bGUuYwkxNiBTZXAgMjAw
NyAwNzowMjo1MiAtMDAwMA0KQEAgLTM5NCw3ICszOTQsNyBAQA0KIAkJICog
VGhpcyBxdWV1ZSBjb250YWlucyBvbmx5IHByaW9yaXRpZXMgYmV0d2VlbiBN
SU4gYW5kIE1BWA0KIAkJICogcmVhbHRpbWUuICBVc2UgdGhlIHdob2xlIHF1
ZXVlIHRvIHJlcHJlc2VudCB0aGVzZSB2YWx1ZXMuDQogCQkgKi8NCi0JCWlm
ICgoZmxhZ3MgJiAoU1JRX0JPUlJPV0lOR3xTUlFfUFJFRU1QVEVEKSkgPT0g
MCkgew0KKwkJaWYgKChmbGFncyAmIFNSUV9CT1JST1dJTkcpID09IDApIHsN
CiAJCQlwcmkgPSAocHJpIC0gUFJJX01JTl9USU1FU0hBUkUpIC8gVFNfUlFf
UFBROw0KIAkJCXByaSA9IChwcmkgKyB0ZHEtPnRkcV9pZHgpICUgUlFfTlFT
Ow0KIAkJCS8qDQo=

--0-2052532215-1189928043=:4507--