Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:59:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
To:        Raja Velu <raja@micronetusa.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD sendmail server and POP clients

First, make sure sendmail is actually enabled in your system by checking
that the following line is in your /etc/rc.conf file. It will start upon
reboot.

sendmail_enable="YES"

The reason I am suggesting something so simple is that Pine does NOT need
sendmail enabled to send email; it calls it directly.  As such, even
though you can send e-mail from Pine, sendmail may very well not be
running.

Next, make sure the "SMTP server" value in outlook (in the configuration
somwhere) actually points to your mail server. :-)

Finally, read the following document to enable relaying from your subnet.
In particular, read the section entitled "The Access Database" carefully.

http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html

That's all I can think of for now.

Marco Radzinschi

E-Mail: marco@radzinschi.com
AOL IM: CrackedBoy

Running FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE i386
 5:52PM  up 17 days,  2:21, 1 user, load averages: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00