Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:40:17 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to netboot an Alpha?

John Polstra wrote:
> In article <20020722050025.GG83916@cicely5.cicely.de>,
> Bernd Walter  <ticso@cicely.de> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 11:49:18AM +1000, Rob B wrote:
> > > If you have the DHCP server and kernel name saved in the corresponding sr
> > > variables, you can do:

> > bootp is there so you don't have to name the server.
> > I never needed to configure them.
> > But now that you say - there are different boot protocolls than
> > bootp - mop I remember.
> > And you might need to setup the interface on the netcard as
> > autoselecting doen't work on some machines.
> >
> > I've setup the following variables.
>
> Thanks, guys!  That should be all I need.
>
> John

Beware of the libstand/in_cksum.c bug.  This hurts Alpha because the code
is actually used.  On x86, we call the UDP transmit functions that PXE
provides directly and do not have to deal with this part of the code.

You'll either need to turn on the compile option to turn off udp checksums
within libstand or pull in the libstand in_cksum.c fix.

Cheers,
-Peter