Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:07:51 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wil Schultz <wschultz@affinitel.com>
Cc:        phantom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What has happened to the Gallery?

--tYlHSoJ8Aop8eNG2

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 03:37:21PM -0800, Wil Schultz wrote:
> Just curious if this is still being maintained? I added a site awhile back
> and while browsing the listed sites to see if my homepage had been added,=
 it
> had not, noticed that quite a few of the listed site's do not resolve.

The gallery is still maintained.  The maintainer likes to batch up the
submissions, although I don't know whether he waits for a certain number
of submissions or a set period of time.

With respect to the broken links, I wrote a very dirty script a short
while ago to check them all and remove them after three failures, but I
haven't had time to clean it up enough to trust the results yet.

So the short answer is, yes, it's still maintained as time permits.

Now, onto the commercial gallery which I maintain - I currently have
approximately 10 submissions outstanding.  The reason for this is that I
am working on moving the build from the current raw-html-and-perl-script
to XML/XSLT, and have been backing them up behind that.  It's probably
time for them to take priority over that work anyway, so I'll try to get
them in this week.

Ceri

--=20

--tYlHSoJ8Aop8eNG2