Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2019 10:05:35 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, Enji Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org>, "koobs@freebsd.org" <koobs@freebsd.org>, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: error: yacc.h: No such file or directory

On June 19, 2019 9:30:19 AM PDT, "Rodney W=2E Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh=
=2Ednsmgr=2Enet> wrote:
>> In message
><fffbe5d47e3515c960429ab416bf2ba234f9671d=2Ecamel@freebsd=2Eorg>
>> , Ian Le
>> pore writes:
>(r349061-69)=20
>about
>Peter
>> >
>> > Julian Stacey has 3 problems:
>> >
>> >  1=2E Missing opt_cam=2Eh
>> >  2=2E Missing yacc=2Eh
>> >  3=2E A years-long inability to report a problem without hurling
>personal
>> > insults at the project and everyone associated with it=2E
>> >
>> > Because of #3, I don't much care about 1 and 2=2E
>>=20
>> Bingo! My point exactly!
>
>You can't understand the frustration of 25 years of
>having system build breakage on a pretty regular basis
>as a trigger point for anger?

But it doesn't break on a regular basis=2E

Sure, people occasionally do boneheaded things but that doesn't give anyon=
e the right to go on the attack=2E Calling for the revocation of commit bit=
s is going over the line=2E We all get frustrated but frustration doesn't g=
ive anyone the right to go postal in a virtual way=2E The fact is a person =
can attract more good will by objectively addressing the problem rather tha=
n subjectively attacking the person, or in this case attacking the group of=
 people=2E It's like being bitten by a dog=2E You want nothing to do with t=
he animal=2E I see Ian's point and feel the same, and wouldn't be surprised=
 if others did too=2E

I can think of many other real life examples which result in, "well then d=
o it yourself=2E" People can't consistently treat others in a certain manne=
r and expect different results time and time again=2E=20

--=20
Pardon the typos and autocorrect, small keyboard in use=2E
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy=2ESchubert@cschubert=2Ecom>
FreeBSD UNIX: <cy@FreeBSD=2Eorg> Web: http://www=2EFreeBSD=2Eorg

	The need of the many outweighs the greed of the few=2E