Date:      06 Mar 2001 00:38:02 +0100
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@poboxes.com>
To:        Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: where's /usr/mdec??

Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com> writes:

> # place boot blocks
> disklabel -w -B -b /usr/mdec/fdboot -s /usr/mdec/bootfd /dev/rfd0 fd1440

just use disklabel -w -B /dev/rfd0 fd1440

disklabel combines /boot/boot1 and /boot/boot2 as they are needed.

man disklabel says :

   Installing bootstraps
     3.   Otherwise, the default boot image names are used: /boot/boot1 and
          /boot/boot2 for the standard stage1 and stage2 boot images (details

> I see boot0, boot1, and that humongous boot2 in /boot. How do I use those?
> Or has everything changed in regard to make a bootable floppy?

/boot/boot0 and /boot/mbr (default) are used by fdisk.  the first one
is the BootEasy boot manager while the second one is a standard MS-DOS
like boot manager.

Cyrille.
--
home: mailto:clefevre@poboxes.com   UNIX is user-friendly; it's just particular