Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:00:09 +0100
From:      Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, krion@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exim port tidyup.

On 2010-12-18 15:10, Mark Murray wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've done a bit of maintenance on a port that I originally wrote, Exim.
>
> I redid the patches by using the "make makepatch" target (it makes doing
> maintainance easier, as the patch names are regularised and you get to
> see diffs easier).
>
> As part of this, there is a minor change to the way Exim works, which is
> a security feature, due to be default in future Exim releases. In the
> EDITME file, it is ALT_CONFIG_ROOT_ONLY, and if its OK to commit this
> cleanup, then I'd commit that separately.
>
> Is it ok for me to commit this please?
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~markm/exim.tar.gz
>
> ... and it is straight out of my ports/mail/exim/... tree, with
> CVS/... files intact and ready to go, except that I'd do the
> ALT_CONFIG_ROOT_ONLY bit separately.

Hi Mark,

since the old patch-files have a long history I suggest open a
change-request PR to repocopy the files and assign the PR to portmgr.

If portmgr has done the repocopy you can remove the old patch files
and apply your diff (the only significant change I see is in src__EDITME)

Things I miss in your diff
 - bump PORTREVISION? (if more than EDITME change)
 - remove MD5 from distinfo

Isn't it easier to remove the targets
 o show-options-list
 o show-variables-list
from Makefile.options and use only the code from the file options directly?

--
Regards,
olli