Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2019 02:59:12 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   hw.vga.acpi_ignore_no_vga=1 for installation media

Hi!

Since 11.2-RELESE, default console driver vt(4) checks ACPI table for presence of VGA in the system.
It does not initialize console (no input, no output) if ACPI states there is no VGA adapter.

There are PRs describing many cases when VGA is present but ACPI lies
and we have a regression compared with 11.1 and earlier:
FreeBSD cannot be installed interactively onto such a system, leaving aside serial console.

vt(4) has loader knob to restore pre-11.2 behaviour and ignore ACPI:

hw.vga.acpi_ignore_no_vga=1

Should we add this unconditionally to the installation media designed for interactive VGA-based installation?