Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:04:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X11 failure after cvsupdate today

Hello.

The last cvsupdate I did was today, 11 am UTC. On four machines
I recompiled world, installed world, recompiled kernel and did
a mergemaster, but mergemaster only installed a new MAKEDEV so
I did the suggested MAKEDEV all in /dev.

After rebooting all systems our diskless systems are unable
to open a X display! These diskless machines try to make an
indirect query to their XDMCP host. But the only thing I get is
a grey screen without any chooser or login. What happened?

Another problem concerns to the mailing lists.
Du to some changes in our mail delivery system and some
problems it seems that I have been excluded from all
subscriptions. Please tell me where I can ask for clearing
up this mistake.

Thanks,
Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@mail.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)