Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 1995 05:22:07 +0000
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        Robert Watson <robert@fledge.watson.org>
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netstat question..

Robert Watson stands accused of writing in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.91.951028154947.19049K-100000@fledge.watson.org>:
>This time it completed successfully.   Any ideas as to what caused that
>the first time through?  I haven't recompiled a kernel or touched the
>kernel in over a month..

AFAIR, it's due to the data in the kernel changing whilst netstat is
still doing it's bit. Normally this happens as netstat is bogged down
with doing reverse name lookups in the DNS. David (Greenman) made a
comment the last time this came up that it's fixable, but he's bogged
down with 2.1R work at the minute.

Gary