Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:11:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:

> I've x-posted this to -stable because I've got dim memories of someone
> else reporting similar problems in the past fortnight or so.  But with
> the mailing list search engines being down I can't go back to check.

This has been mentioned several times, so I thought I'd point out that you
can also search the FreeBSD mailing lists via DejaNews (aka deja.com).
They seem to be quite up-to-date, for example, a search right now on a
unique phrase from Nik's email message shows his mail on four different
forums:

  http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/qs.xp?ST=PS&svcclass=dnyr&QRY=%22HP+lpd+interaction%22&defaultOp=AND&DBS=1&OP=dnquery.xp&LNG=ALL&subjects=&groups=*freebsd*&authors=&fromdate=&todate=&showsort=score&maxhits=25

Starting at:

  http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml

I enter '*freebsd*' in the Forum field, then enter my search keywords, hit
search, and bingo, I usually find everything I need (and often lots more).

While I certainly appreciate the efforts of the people at www.freebsd.org
in maintaining the search lists there, I do find that Dejanews is often
more convenient.  Not to mention, available right now...

Ken Bolingbroke
hacker@bolingbroke.com