Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 00:24:24 -0600
From:      "Dustin Puryear" <dpuryear@usa.net>
To:        "Donnie Jones" <donniejones18@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Multiple httpd servers on LAN only one real IP Address.

> on the gateway to port 80 on one of the httpd servers on the
> internal LAN.  I do not see how I can have two domains pointing
> to the one ip address.... ?
>
> Is there a way I can use a different port than 80 on the gateway
> computer for the httpd requests and then redirect that port to
> the internal httpd servers?
> server on the internal LAN.  Any ideas or links to information
> would be great.

At first you seem to be asking if it is possible to "have two domains
pointing to the one ip address" and then you ask if your router can redirect
request to specific servers based on domain. If the real question is the
first one, you can do this with Apache using virtual domains. For the second
one, you would still used named-based virtual domains, but would need to
setup some type of smart proxy in front the of the web servers. If you just
want to use ports then port-level NAT (aka Port Address Translation) should
work nicely.

Regards, Dustin