Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 12:27:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ludo Koren <ludo_koren@tempest.sk>
To:        grog@lemis.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum + crashed plex

     > You can do all these commands with

     >   vinum -> l

     > You'll also get the volume info, which is important too.
vinum -> l
Configuration summary

Drives:         1 (4 configured)
Volumes:        1 (4 configured)
Plexes:         2 (8 configured)
Subdisks:       2 (16 configured)

D d1                    State: up       Device /dev/wd0s1g      Avail: 0/512 MB (0%)
D d2                    State: down     Device /dev/wd2s2f      Avail: 0/0 MB

V mirror                State: up       Plexes:       2 Size:        512 MB

P mirror.p0           C State: up       Subdisks:     1 Size:        512 MB
P mirror.p1           C State: faulty   Subdisks:     1 Size:        512 MB

S mirror.p0.s0          State: up       PO:        0  B Size:        512 MB
S mirror.p1.s0          State: down     PO:        0  B Size:        512 MB

    >> I am able to mount the mirror disk.

     > How do you do that without fsck?

Ok, probably I was not correct in describing it. The system cannot
start both vinum drives and panics.

I am doing the following steps:

vinum create <config>
fsck /dev/vinum/rmirror
mount /dev/vinum/mirror /usr/home

     >But first you need to find why drive d2 is down.

The rest of the wd2 is working without problems. How can I find the
problem on d2?

thanks.

ludo