Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 96 14:37:43 MET
From:      marino.ladavac@aut.alcatel.at
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD be used in a commercial way?

> 3)	You have to include the credit clauses for everyone in the
> 	sources for the components you use.  This should take one
> 	or two pages of fine print (like the trademark acknowledgement
> 	page) in your distributed docuemntation.

Shouldn't a file listing copyright lines be enough?  I.e, he doesn't
really have to print it?

> Anyone else: feel free to correct me if you interpret the distribution
> terms differently.

That's about it.  My understanding of the Berkeley license is that it
doesn't differ much from public-domain.  The only difference is the
above mentioned point #3.

As far as GPL'd parts are concerned, the jury is still out.

/Alby