Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:35:37 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Milo Hyson <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: General opinion of 1.4.x?

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 03:56:24PM -0700, Milo Hyson wrote:
> We've been keeping our production servers on native 1.3.1-p7 because the
> Eyes Beyond website claims the 1.4.x patchset is still considered
> alpha-quality. We'd really like to upgrade since there are so many
> benefits to the 1.4 line, but we don't want to risk failures on live
> systems. I've been using 1.4.1-p3 on my workstation for many months now
> with only one minor problem (compiling JSPs sometimes causes the
> compiler to hang). I'm curious to know what other people's experiences
> and opinions are in using 1.4.x for production use.

I just released 1.4.1p4.  It features many fixes over 1.4.1p3.  I would
suggest trying that out if you wish to upgrade.  Use in production is
at your own risk though.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org