Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 13:09:04 -0600
From:      "Andrew M. Miklic" <miklic@attglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial Debug

Does anyone know how to do serial debug?  I'm trying to test TGA code,
and I want to monitor a remote, headless system's output on my primary
system...

I tried:

cu -l /dev/cuaa0 -s 9600

but nothing happens--I'm guessing either I'm missing a configuration
file, my baud-rate is wrong, or I have the wrong type of cable (I'm
using a null-cable)...

I also tried /dev/cuaa1, but it complains about the device both not
being configured as well as already being in use...

Andrew Miklic