Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:14:00 -0600
From:      "J. Buck Caldwell" <freebsd@bitparts.org>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with IBM xSeries 226 with ServeRAID 6i+ using FreeBSD 5.3

Scott Long wrote:

> J. Buck Caldwell wrote:
>
>> Scott Long wrote:

>>> It sounds very much like an interrupt routing problem.  Have you
>>> tried the 5.4-BETA CD?
>>>
>>> Scott
>>>
>> No help. Booting normally brings me to the same point - "ips0:
>> resetting adapter, make take 5 minutes" - then nothing. System just
>> hangs. Also, after that point, hitting the power button will not
>> power-off the machine (of course, holding it in will). Anytime before
>> that point, hitting the power button will turn the power off instantly.
>

> One more test, would you mind trying the 6.0-CURRENT-SNAP002 snapshot?
> If that works then that gives us a target to shoot for with 5.4.
>
> Scott

Well, some excellent news - 6.0-CURRENT-SNAP002 works perfectly. Or at
least, it boots - I'm doing an install now, but I wanted to let you know
right away.

Anything we could do to get this system running properly under 5.4, let
me know - because we're paying lease payments two servers that we can't
use at the moment, until we can boot FreeBSD on them. (damn IBM and
thier end-of-life cycles....)