Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:01:43 +0100
From:      andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
To:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich)
Cc:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI disk MEDIUM ERROR with a few twists

Charles Henrich writes:
> In lists.freebsd.scsi you write:
>
> >As Peter Dufault wrote:
>
> >> I also put together a defect list dumper for Satoshi when he was
> >> having some problems, so I'm putting that here too.
>
> >Neat!
>
> >I've combined both, since this is really easier to handle in Perl.
>
> >Maybe we should put this up under tools/?
>
> This stuff is coolness!

Yes indeed. With that I detected, that one of my 3 IBM DORS has
over 700 errors more in the Plist than the other two drives.
And there are already erors in the Glist ...

> Might I suggest strongly that on sysstems where we
> have devices with sd0() online that we run this daily and diff the results as
> we do with master.passwd ?  This gives system administrators early warnings on
> failing disks if they start to see the glist grow and grow day after day..

Is a fine idea !

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de