Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:40:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ULE status

Mipam <mipam@ibb.net> wrote:
 > Thanks for all comments on this topic.
 > A good point was made upon the fact that there were always options
 > available that weren't stable in X-stable.
 > The docs contained appropriate warnings about it you mentioned.

I guess you're referring to my comment.

 > Cool, I wish to read the docs on ULE and possible
 > warnings about using ULE, where can i find it?

So far, the ULE scheduler has not been part of any stable
FreeBSD release, so it's not completely surprising that
there isn't much documentation to be found.  (I think it's
not even mentioned in NOTES.)

If you're looking for a generic description of URL and all
the technical details, have a look at this paper:

http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/bsdcon03/tech/roberson.html

Best regards
   Oliver

"Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself --
and then a couple of more feet, just to be sure."
        -- Eric Allman