Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:03:15 -0400
From:      "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@tysdomain.com>
To:        marcel <marcel.plouf@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error appear while building my custom kernel

On 6/26/2017 6:53 AM, marcel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to build the kernel from the FreeBSD 11 stable source,
> following this chapter form the Handbook :
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html
>
> So, I've checked the source with subversion in /usr/src and then I've
> edited the GENERIC config file and I have an error when I did 'make
> buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL' .
>
> Here is my kernel config file and the logs:
> https://bpaste.net/show/8d0b2e755142

Things that stand out:
#device		scbus			# SCSI bus (required for ATA/SCSI)
The comment makes it pretty clear.
#device		da			# Direct Access (disks)
again kind of important.
#device		ppbus			# Parallel port bus (required)
This says required, so I'm not sure if disabling is the best solution. I don't know if there's code that relies on it, and once you have a working kernel it wouldn't be a bad idea to comment it to find out if it is actually required.

I'm confused what you're going for here. I initially thought it was a slim kernel, but you disable disks and then leave tons of ethernet cards to compile.

>From line 1 to line 369 it's the kernel config file and from line 370
to the end it's the logs (sorry for that).