Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:48:37 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Rezamys <rezath@tm.net.my>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN TA Products and FreeBSD Compatibility

Rezamys writes:
>Hello People,
>I want to get an isdn terminal adapter for my freebie 3.1 box. There are
>currently 2 products that I have in mind to get but I'm not sure which
>one.
>
>   * ZyXEL Omni.net Plus. The feature says that it supports Unix and
>     Linux. CAN it support FreeBSD?
>   * Diva T/A ISDN Modem. Here it doesn't mention about FreeBSD nor
>     Linux...
>
>Any response is appreciated.

An ISDN TA pretty much looks and behaves like an external modem. I
occasionally use an ELSA MicroLink ISDN/TL V.34 TA with user-land ppp.
As long as you read the manual and figure out which strings to send to
it you should have no problems getting any external ISDN TA working.

In other words, it doesn't matter a hill of beans which OS is running
on the machine as long as it can talk to a serial port at a reasonable
speed.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de