Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:55:29 +0000
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Working mini PCIe wireless?

I recently purchased the Dell I6400 Ubuntu laptop, with the express intent of
running FreeBSD on it.

My intention was to use this a working machine using PC-BSD, I.E. RELENG_6, limiting tinkering, experimentation to other systems.

It comes with an Intel 3945[1] mini PCIe card, which I knew would not work. So
I ordered myself a Azurewave Atheros based mini PCIe card to replace it.
Unfortunatly the ath_hal[2] doesn't recognise the hardware revision, so that
doesn't work either.

Does anybody know of a mini PCIe wireless card that works under RELENG_6?
Failing that an ExpressCard? (The 6400 has no Card Bus)

Notes:

[1]I know there is a 3945 driver for 7 and an older rev fo 6, I tried it
it locks up the machine.
[2] Sam has a more recent HAL on his "people" page, but the headers have
changed making it non-trivial, for me at least, to compile into a
RELENG_6 kernel/module.