Date:      Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:04:04 -0500
From:      Eriq <admin@tigergroup.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   x for users slow

Hi all, first I would like to say thx to the FreeBSD devel team they
have truly done a great job with 5.4! Now I have all my servers running
ie. dns (what a headache that was), apache (ok after I got dns working),
postgres (the easiest of the bunch), postfix (smooth as always). Most if
not all of my problems were just that I am still learning, (weak admin)
but after lots of reading man pages I seemed to have managed but now
after all of this, I notice that it takes a user about a minute after
'startx' to get into X. Yes I know, but I still like the colors :)
anyway this doesn't happen when I logon as root and start X. Blackbox is
the WM hope this helps.