Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 05:35:05 -0000
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP_ONESBCAST and upcoming RELENG_4_9 freeze

On Thursday 21 August 2003 07:22 am, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any major objections to an MFC'ing of IP_ONESBCAST
> which I committed yesterday before the upcoming 4.9 code freeze next
> Monday?
>
> If you could let me know before, say, Saturday PM BST, that would be
> great.

Your change makes it so that broadcasts sent to 255.255.255.255 will
be transmitted on all interfaces marked with a ONES_BCAST flag, right?
A nice solution to the problem; I was gonna hack it so such packets
were sent on all interfaces with IFF_BROADCAST.  I like your solution
better.  I'm happy to know that will be in 5.2 and I have PR or two
to assign over to you so you can close them.  ;^)

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes@softweyr.com