Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 16:03:08 -0700
From:      Kent Ketell <kketell@juniper.net>
To:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sony VAIO 505T(SX)

Hi:

I am trying to setup a dualboot configuration on either
the 505TX or the 505TS model of the SONY notebook and
am not having much luck.

The problems are that the CD-ROM is not supported under
FreeBSD, even with PAO installed (FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE)
and the the PCMCIA functions don't appear to be supported
on these systems under FreeBSD.

The symptoms that I am seeing are that PAO loads up the
drivers for the card in question (I have used a 3Com
3c589d, 3c589e and a Linksys EC2T) but the network never
really works.  On the very rare occasion that I can get
ping to do anything I see times along the lines of
100,999.130ms.

I have also had problems with the Adaptec 1460b.  The
drivers load up, but the CD drive I attach to it times
out (Sony CDR-222 4x drive).

Both the network and the scsi work under Win98...

Have you seen this model of the Sony work under 2.2.8?
If so, what do I need to do to make it work properly?

--

Kent Ketell
Systems Administrator