Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:18:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        Paul Kennedy <nev@codewaste.com>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel make depend fails

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 08:40-0700, Kent Stewart wrote:

> Trond Endrestøl wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:56-0500, Paul Kennedy wrote:
> >

> >>===> accf_data
> >>"/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../conf/kmod.mk", line 63: Could not find bsd.init.mk
> >>"/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../conf/kmod.mk", line 190: Could not find bsd.links.mk
> >>make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> >>*** Error code 1
> >>
> >>Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
> >>*** Error code 1
> >>

> > Make sure you have /usr/src/share/mk and copy *.mk to /usr/share/mk.
> > Then try again, it worked for me last monday.
>

> Did you try to do a buildkernel without doing a buildworld?

No.

I made the kernel + modules the old way, it worked for me
(eventually).

This was on a 4.6-RELEASE system. First I cvsuped to the latest
-STABLE, then did a buildworld, but not an installworld, then did a
kernel build + install (yes, the old way), and finally an installworld
+ reboot.

I did copy /usr/src/share/mk/*.mk to /usr/share/mk, since the first
attempt to compile the modules along with the kernel failed. I figured
I might as well update all of the files in /usr/share/mk manually,
rather than just copy bsd.init.mk and bsd.links.mk.

(If you were referring to my signature, I can assure you that
ramstind.gtf.ol.no was not involved in the above.)