Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:43:06 -0700
From:      Ted Thomas <ted@desktop2e.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: RELEASE 4

Thanks for the prompt response. FYI, I installed 5.4-RELEASE "over" a
previous version of 5.3 and made the mistake of assuming that because I
selected "Standard Install" rather than "Upgrade", I would get a clean
installation. This morning I reinstalled after removing the entire slice
(thereby forcing newfs) and everything appears to be working perfectly.

Re:Kris Kennaway's response...

You have stale patches in your ports tree.  I've answered this
question approximately N times, so please search the archives.

Kris

I spent about 30 minutes on the site searching for matches to various
parts of the error message, read numerous FAQ's, and generally browsed
the installation guides to try and solve this before writing an e-mail.
If you or Kris could send me an example of where to search and what to
search for to find this, it would be helpful. I was using the search
engine at www.freebsd.org, so I assume that was not the right one.

Really appreciate the help. FreeBSD is a remarkable achievement.
-Ted