Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:16:29 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtual machines

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:05:00AM +0100, Nick Barnes wrote:
> I run FreeBSD as my main desktop, but occasionally have to develop,
> build, or test software on a variety of other x86 operating systems
> (mainly Windows NT 4, Windows XP Pro, and Red Hat Linux).  At the
> moment I have a row of mini-towers and a KVM switch.  I'd much rather
> run these other machines as virtual machines under FreeBSD.  Can
> anyone recommend virtualizing software for FreeBSD?  I don't mind
> having to pay, as long as it really works.

I have not used it, but it claims to support FreeBSD as the host:

http://www.serenityvirtual.com/

I have had a good relationship with the company that is behind the
product.  I just haven't used that particular product, especially now
that my primary workstation is a PowerBook.

lambert@lambertfam.org