Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:42:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.2.2 Swing problems

> I had a look last night at the problems I was having running Swing
> apps connected to a 16bpp X server.

Note, Java (the language) explicityly doesn't support depths other than
8 and 24.  16bpp depths are certainly not supported, so although you may
be able to workaround some of the bugs, the more you fix the more you'll
find.  The same sorts of problems plague WinXX users as well.

My advice to you is to run in a different screen mode.

Nate